- THE TIDE KING Giveaway (and reading tonight!)
- Tomorrow: LA Reading with Sarah Suzor
- New Poems from Russel Swensen and Matthew Gavin Frank
- Brent Goodman’s Prizewinning Poem in PUERTO DEL SOL
- New Poem by Laura McCullough
- B.C. Edwards’ THE AVERSIVE CLAUSE Makes Frank O’Connor Longlist
- This Sunday: Jen Michalski Reads in NYC
- Tonight: Jen Michalski on WYPR
- Mary Biddinger on Verse Daily
- New Review of THE LOST EPISODES OF REVIE BRYSON
The lovely and brilliant Sarah Suzor, author of the prizewinning poetry collection The Principle Agent, will read tomorrow as part of the “This Side of the 405″ exhibit at the Ben Maltz Gallery in Los Angeles. All readings will also be streamed online here. (And keep an eye out for her forthcoming collaboration with Travis Cebula, due out next year…)
Brent Goodman’s poem “One Eye Will Never See the Other” has been awarded 2nd place in Puerto del Sol’s 2013 Poetry Contest: “This poem has the satisfying quality of a Koan – its brevity, the open-endedness, and whisper of something important just beyond its edges.” Congrats, Brent! Celebrate with a copy of his brand-new (and spectacular) collection Far From Sudden here.
Laura McCullough’s gorgeous poem “Out of the Blue, Who” is featured in the new issue of Tab. Savor it, and then get excited for her almost-here new collection Rigger Death and Hoist Another, available here.
Some well-deserved, super exciting news: The Aversive Clause by B.C. Edwards made the 2013 Frank O’Connor International Short Story Award longlist! This collection is getting nothing but rave reviews, and is so much fun to read. See for yourself and buy a copy here.